Emax.bid (www.emax.bid) is an online Platform created to serve the needs of collectors of coins & medals and other valuables.
Emax.bid is owned by Emax GmbH, Fichtenstrasse 5, 86459 Gessertshausen, Germany, email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to the Imprint on the page footer of the website www.emax.bid to have a complete description of Emax GmbH.
Emax goal is to help collectors to find items of interest in auctions or shops of a selection of world's auctioneers and dealers. Emax.bid Platform allows collectors to be always updated and to easily reach every single auction or shop they are interested in.
The new Emax.bid Platform is the evolution of the old Emax Platform, with key additional functionalities for collectors. The old Emax Platform was focused on providing client access to a limited number of auctions, only those completely managed by Emax (see 3. below).
The new Platform has been designed for collectors, with a clean, easy to understand layout and features to help You enjoy and learn more about Your hobby. Emax provides a full functional Platform through which You can not only view a large selection of catalogues, but also submit bids, create Your own WatchList to track lots/bids and save Your own Searches for the items You are interested in. Additional useful functionalities for collectors will follow in the next months.
Without registering with Emax.bid Platform, You can view and navigate all catalogues of the auctioneers and dealers featured on Emax.bid Platform.
By registering with Emax.bid, You will create Your Emax.bid unique account, which will allow You to easily bid on auctions and buy on shops through the Emax.bid Platform.
Logging in Emax.bid Platform you can:
1. Submit Your maximum bid on Auctions through Emax.bid Platform.
Many auctioneers publish hard-copy catalogs (printed auction catalogues) and mail them to their clients. These catalogues typically contain high quality coins and the auctions are conducted in live sessions.
On Emax.bid Platform You can now browse the contents of many of these auction catalogs, view magnified images of the lots, and place You maximum bid online before the auction, in an easy to use and consistent way.
Your maximum bid is the highest amount You are willing to bid on a specific lot, in accordance with the auctioneer’s Terms and Conditions.
Please note that our peculiarity as online Platform is that Your maximum bid, unless differently stated, will Not be communicated to the auctioneer and it will be executed by Emax on Your behalf during the auction, at the lowest possible amount.
2. Submit Your purchase requests on Shops through Emax.bid Platform.
You can request to buy an Item on sale on the Emax.bid Platform for the price requested by the dealer. Purchase requests are communicated by Emax on Your behalf to the dealer and the Item is sold by the dealer to You, in accordance with the dealer’s Terms and Conditions.
3. Access to and participation in Auctions completely managed on Emax.bid Platform.
Some auction featured on Emax.bid Platform are completely managed by Emax. In this case Your bid will be managed in a completely electronic way on Emax.bid Platform, till the end of the auction. There are 2 different types of auctions managed in such a way by Emax on Emax.bid Platform:
- Live auctions are traditional or internet-only auction sales conducted by an auctioneer that take place at a physical location or on internet-only. A Live Auction conducted on Emax.bid Platform allows You to participate in the auction either by placing bids in advance of the auction (during the absentee session of the auction) or in real time during the auction (during the live session of the auction).
- Timed Auctions are an automatic process that is administered according to parameters (such as bid increments and end times) established by the auctioneer and takes place without the auctioneer calling the bids. Bids are placed over a defined time period (“Bidding Period”). You can view the highest current bid. The highest bid at the end of the Bidding Period is successful. “Buy it now” functionality may be available in certain Timed Auctions conducted on Emax.bid Platform. Where this is selected by the auctioneer, You can buy the lot for a maximum "buy it now" price at which point the lot closes regardless of what the actual end time is, and the lot will be sold to You in accordance with the auctioneer’s Terms and Conditions.
Emax GmbH (the owner of Emax.bid Platform) provides online auction and shop content and related services on Emax.bid Platform. The Emax.bid Platform is only a means of communication to view content and/or to submit bids or purchase requests in auction sales or online shops. Emax GmbH is not an auctioneer, nor an online seller. Therefore, Emax GmbH is not a party to the contract for sale and purchase entered into between You, the bidder, and the auctioneer or the seller.
By submitting a bid or a purchase request, You are entering into a contract with the auctioneer or with the dealer, in accordance with auctioneer’s or dealer’s Terms and Conditions, not with Emax GmbH (the owner of Emax.bid Platform). In addition, be aware that any winning bids may be subject to a buyer's fee (typically 10-25%), local taxes (VAT) if applicable, and shipping/bank fees.
Emax GmbH is not in control of the information made available by auctioneers or sellers which you access via the Emax.bid Platform. Emax GmbH cannot therefore make any representations, warranties or guarantees in connection with what the auctioneer or seller may offer for sale through the Emax.bid Platform.
From the old version of Emax Platform to the new Emax.bid Platform.
Please note that:
Clients already registered on the old version of Emax Platform have been automatically pre-
registered with the new Emax.bid Platform with the following New Credentials:
- Username: email address of the client
- Password: password used by the client to access the old version of Emax Platform
- in a transitory way, over the next few months, Live auctions and Timed auctions completely managed on Emax.bid Platform (see 3. above) will require to existing and new clients an additional Login on the old version of Emax Platform (clients already registered can use username and password already owned)