520 ancient coins, featuring the Lundahl collection of ancient Greek coins, part I, and Roman coins from various properties.
Dutch Numismatik Auction
3447 GZ WOERDEN
Telephone: +31 (0)6 23304280
Terms of Sale
The following terms and conditions will apply to this auction:
· All estimates are in EURO. The opening bids will be the Starting Price or 80% of the estimate unless there are existing higher bids.
· There will be a 15% Buyer’s Fee added to the hammer price. This includes BTW (= VAT).
· VAT is due on the Buyer’s Fee only, not the hammer price.
· The auctioneer guarantees the absolute authenticity of any and all coins sold. There is no expiration to this guarantee. Any coins subsequently found to be not authentic will be exchanged for a full refund of the purchase price. The burden of proof lies with the buyer. In case of a dispute on the authenticity of a coin between the buyer and the auctionhouse, only a ruling from the IAPN will be accepted.
· Bidders who have inspected the lots prior to the auction, will not be granted any return privileges.
· Absentee bids submitted by any other means than the DutchNumismaticAuction website should be received by 22 :00 on the day before the auction. It is the bidder’s responsibility to ensure that bids have been received by DutchNumismaticAuction.
· All grades and descriptions are the opinion of the cataloguer. Conditions of all lots are as per the photographs displayed on the DutchNumismaticAuction website; condition reports are available upon request. It is not possible to note all marks or defects, and thus customers are encouraged to carefully examine all lots that they are interested in bidding on. Bids, once placed, are final and will not be rescinded. If, however, the attribution is found to be incorrect, the item is returnable within 14 days after the sale. No other returns will be accepted except on the grounds of non-authenticity. All prospective bidders who exercise the opportunity to examine lots in hand shall assume all responsibility for any damage they cause in so doing. The auctioneer shall have sole discretion in determining the value of the damage caused, which shall be promptly paid by the prospective bidder.
· The auctioneer will have absolute discretion to accept or decline any bid, withdraw lots from sale at any time until such point as the buyer takes physical possession, re-open any lot, even after the hammer has fallen, in which a bidding error has occurred, and to determine in the event of a dispute, the final winner of a lot or to rescind the sale and put the lot up for sale again.
· Some lots may carry a reserve. The auctioneer reserves the right not to sell an item below the confidential price, or will repurchase the item on behalf of the consignor or for the account of DutchNumismaticAuction. If a reserve exists the auctioneer reserves the right to bid on any lot on behalf of the consignor up to the amount of the reserve against any floor, internet or mail bidders. The auctioneer also reserves the right to bid on any lot on behalf of DutchNumismaticAuction.
· Only by DutchNumismaticAuction registered bidders can take part in the auction. Bidders must register at least two days before the start of the auction, lest DutchNumismaticAuction can verify their references.
· Bidders who do not have established credit with DutchNumismaticAuction must furnish credit information including at least two satisfactory references. DutchNumismaticAuction is allowed to ask for a 25% deposit of the bidding credit beforehand. This deposit will be put towards the succesful bids, any remainder will be refunded.
· For the protection of mail or absentee bidders, no ‘unlimited’ or ‘buy’ bids will be accepted. When identical bids are received for the same lot, preference will be given to the bid received first. A mail bid will take preference over a floor bid.
· The auction is conducted in euros. The succesfull bidder has committed himself personally to the purchase made and cannot claim to have acted on behalf of a third party.
· Title of the goods remains with the owner until such time as the customer has paid in full. DutchNumismaticAuction reserves the right to deem the sale incomplete and to resell the goods and the bidder agrees to pay for the reasonable cost of such a sale. The bidder is also responsible for the difference between the original sale and the resale should the last one result in a lower hammerprice.
· Invoices are due immediately upon receipt. After one month DutchNumismaticAuction reserves the right to charge interest on unpaid invoices at the rate of 2% per calendar month, except where prior agreement has been made with regards to payment arrangements.
· The customer is responsible for paying all bank charges, shipping and insurance costs.
· DutchNumismaticAuction is not responsible for any missed lots or bids due to network speed or down-time or due to any misunderstanding on the part of the bidder.
· By making a bid the customer agrees to the above terms and conditions and accepts to be bound by them. These conditions shall take effect and be construed in accordance with the provisions of Dutch Law.
· Dutch law is applicable. Any disputes will be settled before a Dutch court.
US AND GERMAN COIN IMPORT RESTRICTIONS
Any coins in this sale that fall under US and German import restrictions but may still be legally imported into the US/Germany are accompanied by documentation proving that they were outside of the source country prior to the effective date, or are accompanied by a valid export certificate issued by the country of origin, and/or are contractually attested by the consignor as being legally eligible for import into the US/Germany and/or are accompanied by a Dutch export certificate. Be aware that obtaining these papers may delay shipping.
Any coins subject to US/German import restrictions that may not lawfully be imported will be clearly indicated as such with the note: ‘not suitable for US/German market’.
DutchNumismaticAuction will make every effort to ensure that import restrictions affect our clients as little as possible, and will carry out all necessary importations and procedures as required on behalf of the client.
Shipping is at the buyer’s risk. All shipping charges will be borne by the buyer of the goods. Instructions must be given in time. The goods are shipped in accordance to the postal regulations or by special service if wanted by the client or the insurance company.
Payments must be made in euros to the full amount of the invoice. Our banking details are: Rabobank Regio Schiphol
IBAN: NL72 RABO 0327762632
BIC/swift code: RABONL2U
For payments by Paypal, contact DutchNumismaticAuction. US dolar cheques drawn on an American bank and Euro cheques are accepted with the proviso that the bankcosts for handling are added to the amount of the invoice.
Dutch Numismatic Auction is part of Agora Numismatiek, registered under KvK no. 53794486.